Twin Power TB39R bored & flowed throttle bodies
"breathe to the red line"
The TB39R's are OEM EFI throttle bodies re-engineered by TTP. Send us your throttle bodies, inlet rubbers and inlet manifolds and we'll return to you an induction system that has been bored and flow optimised to give just over 16% more air flow than the OEM system.
Throughout the re-engineering development of the TB39R induction system we used the Superflow 600 flowbench set at a vacuum of exactly 28" H²O to check our progress. A standard OEM throttle body, inlet rubber and manifold flows at 256cfm, after TTP have re-engineered the system this is increased to a healthy 298cfm. You don't need a dyno to prove this performance increase, it can be felt in the "seat of your pants".
This is how we optimize flow and performance of your OEM throttle bodies:
- Your throttle bodies are stripped down to their component parts and ultrasonically cleaned to remove any grime from the external surfaces.
- The bodies, manifolds and rubbers are bored out to 39mm, which gives an increase in cross sectional area of 17%.
- The bodies and manifolds are put through surface conditioning to help maximise air flow and fuel atomisation.
- The butterfly shaft is gas flowed to reduce restriction and increase air flow.
- Precision made butterflies are fitted, matched to the throttle bodies and secured in place.
- Finally the throttle bodies are meticulously rebuilt with the throttle position sensor manually calibrated and the throttle butterflies manually balanced.
This service is available in two forms.
- As a core exchange service where your bodies are exchanged for pre-modified bodies, all other parts are transfered over to the modified bodies. This service has a turnaround of approx. 7-10 days and your bodies must be in excellent condition.
- As modification carried out to your own bodies. (i.e. your bodies aren't in immaculate condition or you want your own bodies modified) This service has a turnaround of approx. 21 days.
**This is a performance modification and will void your Triumph warranty**